Welcome To My Page!

Who Is Momma B?

Hi! My name is Allison and I'm the Momma of two beautiful children. I truly enjoy making crafts for little ones!! All my items are handmade and customizable. Thank you so much for checking us out! Please feel free to contact me here on the blog or by email abailey1117@yahoo.com with questions about merchandise or orders.


Happy Customers

Friday, July 2, 2010

Memory Lovey!

What is a lovey? A lovey is an object (in this case a blanket) that a child may use as a comfort. The first few years of life are full of change an new experiences. Young children enjoy having a special item that they can take with them when they are on the go. This lovey is special because it is full of memories! I used 20 pieces of material that were significant from my son's first year. Example: hospital blanket, coming home outfit, burp cloths, favorite bibs, 1st Christmas outfit . . . Once it was finished I sat down with him and "told stories" about each square. It was a tearful moment for me and one that I would like to share with you!
All you need is 20 items that are special to you. Remember, anything goes (bibs, blankets, onesies, pants, jackets, towels, burp cloths, mittens, pieces from mommy and daddy's childhood blankets or pillows) I will cut these items into 4 inch squares for the lovey. I would recommend sending a few extra items . . . whatever I don't use I will send back. I will also need one receiving blanket that your child used for the back on the lovey. The final product is about 15 1/2 inches wide and 17 inches long. If you are interested and need more details feel free to contact me.

$35

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! So cute!! I have a bunch of A&M shirts that I want to do this to : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, this is such a great idea!! I just might have to gather 20 items of Jaxson's!! It almost makes me tear up just thinking of all the stuff :) How much do you charge? I have a ton of girlfriends that are new mommies that I will HAVE to tell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! How long does it take to make?
    Oh and the nap mats would I pick out the fabric first or let you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa- I can make the lovey in a day or two after I have all the items from you. I'm currently making more nap mats and I will post pictures as soon as they are finished and for sale. If you have a special request for material please let me know and I can tell you if it's available. Thank you so much!

    Allison (Momma B)

    ReplyDelete